Words from the Playing Fields
“Words from the Playing Fields” is a project which aims to bring stories and poems to the people of, and visitors to, Burniston & Cloughton Village Hall. Walkers can enjoy the beauty of their surroundings whilst reading ‘Words from the Playing Fields’ via the digital format of QR Codes.
The top 3 poems or stories from the up to 11 age group, top 3 from 12–17 age group and top 3 from 18+ will be displayed through QR codes in the village hall and playing fields. You will need a smart phone to access them, but they will also be on our website and during November displayed in the village hall
- The theme is: The Colours of Autumn
- Poems can be up to 40 lines and stories maximum of 500 words
- Deadline for submissions is 15th August 2022
- Send your poem or story to firstname.lastname@example.org
- State full name, age, and email address on your submission.
- Your work must not have been previously published in print or online.
- Put ‘Words from the Playing Fields’ in the subject line.
- Copyright remains with the author and first published by Friends of Burniston & Cloughton Village Hall